Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Leaving Firenze and coming to Roma

Oh my god. The line. The lines. Both the lines to the Ufizzi and the Academy are as long as the history of this town. Jesus.

It rained. We stood in line for a total of 5 hours for both museums. And paid way to much to see David. I shouldn't have gone in. I don't know why I did. Oh yeah, I thought there was a student or youth reduction and I was paying and the guy is like, yeah, NO reduction sorry, then didn't even wait for me to say nay or yay, but just took my money and gave us the tickets and went, ok next. Bastard.

So I saw David again and five million other pieces of sculptures, which paled in comparison to David and looked like garbage after seeing David.

Who died and made you the art critic, Nikki?

Oh woops.

And then the Ufizzi line was ridiculous. Quan and Chris stood in line and talked about sports stats for three hours. I now understand why guys keep track of that sort of things. Wait, no, I don't, but at least it kept the boys occupied while I walked to the train station and got tickets to Rome.

Then inside the Ufizzi I walked straight to the Botticelli room and sat staring at Primevera and Birth of Venus.

Fast forward to Rome. We got here super late. The metro closed at 9 something, which is so retarded because it's a big metropolitan city, and we could not understand how the metro could close so early. So I asked in broken Italian how to catch the bus to Alessandro's place. We packed into this sardined bus, and I had NO idea where the stop was and when to get off, and by some miracle this guy understood my Italian enough to tell me when. We got off, realized the train stopped running, and Alessandro had to come get us. We were waiting for him at the deserted train station not knowing where the hell we were and wondered how he could find us.

Plan B was that we would take shifts sleeping.

But Alessandro came and took us home and cooked us dinner and we were once again spoiled rotten.


Train ride from Florence to Rome Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home