Saturday, April 16, 2005

A crack in everything - last night in the French Riviera

So yes, the much anticipated event of the day did not happen today.

I am talking about going climbing at Annot, and how the weather god said, Nuh uh I don't think so.

"I was bummed out" is putting it lightly.

The day ended, though, in the best way I could ever imagine. George made a yummilicious dinner, and we drank, ate, and listened to some of the best songs I've ever heard.

One being Anthem by Leonard Cohen. And my favorite lines go:
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That’s how the light gets in
So this is it. Life on the Riviera. It's been pleasant, and the living's been easy and relaxing. Tomorrow, actually, make that in a couple hours, we will pull our backpacks over our shoulders yet once more, and hit the road. Going down to Pisa, and over to Florence to say hi to David.

I am dead tired, and the absinth is hitting, so I'll be signing out here.

Ciao bella.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home