Saturday, April 30, 2005

Burnt in Corfu

It hurts. Everything hurts. Well, everything where the sun burnt my skin hurts. I'm now black, red, and burnt.

Today there was a celebration of the Orthodox Easter in Corfu town, and Alexandros, a Greek friend I met told us that we should go see it. Only problem is, the Pink Palace is on the other side of the island, and definitely not walkable. It's Easter so the buses don't run, and we could take the ATVs, but we think they're rather obnoxious to take into town and be all loud. So there, no exploring Corfu town.

Yes, I'm pouting. Big time.

On to plan B, we decided to join Jen and Amanda sea kayaking. We got all the way out to a little island, but couldn't land cuz there's no beach, so we turned around and found a quiet alcove and laid out in the sun. I climbed around on the boulders on the beach, and got weird look from a guy who owns the bar facing them.


Nikki, Amanda, and Jen. Kayaking extraordinaires. A few more weeks at the Pink Palace and we could go pro. Or check in an alcohol rehab. Or both. Posted by Hello

I still have no sunscreen on. Yes, I'm brilliant.

Quan wanted to go back and go in the jacuzzi, so we paddled back. I opted out of the jacuzzi though. I mean, really, it's nicknamed the local sperm bank for a reason. So yeah, um, NO THANKS. Yes, I know the chlorine kills everything, but the thought of submersing myself around dead sperms is somehow a little revolting.

Anyway, that night there was a Pink Toga Party. What's a Pink Toga Party you ask? It's a brilliant, brilliant scam. You convince everyone to get into a pink toga, which they have to rent for 10 euros and they get 9 back if they remember to return it. Then, in order to avoid feeling a little ridiculous they'd have to get lots and lots of alcohol from your bar. And hoorah! Mulah baby. Mulah!


Oh Quaaaan, you look so lovely in pink. Posted by Hello


Pink toga party, the pinkest scam in the world. Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SICK! Sperm-Bank!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home