Friday, April 29, 2005

Corfu, Pink Palace


Nikki macking... err... making friends. We met Allexandros, who was coming home to Corfu for Easter weekend. Props to him because he taught us some Greek, knowing full well we will never really get it. Posted by Hello


Corfu town. View from the ferry. Posted by Hello

I am officially black. From now on, I will be checking the "African American" box on application forms and things like that, because my skin is as black as can be.

Actually, come and think about it, I wish my skin were all black, and not have some kind of cafe latte, chocolate vanilla thing going on.

So yeah, I did nothing today. Nothing. I got to the Pink Palace, had a shot of ouzo, dropped off my bag, and laid out in the sun, hanging out with Lindsay and a bus load of Canadian boys.

I was a lazy bastard today for a good reason. A very good reason.

Last night we decided that we saw enough of Athens, and hopped on a bus to Corfu. Oh Lord, it was a bus ride from hell. We left at 9, and the bus would keep stopping every other hour, for whatever goddamn reason. And the guy behind me must have thought it was Disco night at Roxy's or something, because he blasted his music to like 500 dB.

Then, we got off the bus at five in the morning, lined up to get tickets to get on the ferry. The ferry was cramped like Noah's ark, and everyone was smoking like a chimney in December.

So I got to the Pink Palace and crashed. Crashed and burnt.

I laid out in the sun without any sun block. I'm Asian. I don't burn. Yeah, WRONG. More wrong than wrong. Oh yeah, I burnt big time. I took a shower before dinner and wondered why the shower was so hot. Then I realized, oh, it's not the water that's burning, it's my skin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home