Thursday, March 31, 2005

San Sebastian - dia seis

Got in to San Sebastian at 8:30 in the morning. The whole train ride was effing cold. Cold and colder. Cold air was blowing like November wind from the vent. No couchette. Yeah, and no blanket. What is this bullshit? Curled up in a fetal position and wrapped myself in my fleece as much as possible. Even used my brother as a shield. No go. Still effing cold.

And my coach sounded like a chorus of thunder, lighting, and machine guns. There is snoring, and there is firing BBs by breathing.

So I slept intermittenly all the way to the French border. Saw dawn break over the Atlantic through the coastal towns. Would have enjoyed it much, much more if I weren´t frozen like the Ice Age. Still, it was a beautiful sight to see nonetheless.

At Irun, (I know, world famous town we´ve all heard of) we changed train and ran into some Amerikens, whom I started chatting with like good ol´ friends. Two New Yawkers were heading to Madrid and the girl from San Francisco was going to lay on the beach on San Sebastian, so we hooked up.

SS is a mere 15 minute ride from Irun, and we got there smack monkey booty early in the morning. No one spoke any English, so thank god for my français that saved the day several times. This town, in one word, is beautiful. No, gorgeous. Gorgeous and dead. No one was out, well, that´s kinda an exaggeration, since there were people working and all. But it felt a little empty walking around.

We got our gluteus maximus in shape by walking up to see Jesus. Holy Donostia, the view! My brother whined like a bee eye tee see etch at the steep incline. In fact, he did this most of the day because we walked around uphill most of the day. Super funny kid. When you told me we´d be walking around Europe, you didn´t say uphill! No, it´s all downhill from here on, I promise. Really? Yes, after you walk up.

Oh, and did I mention there were boulders with chalk marks on the way up? YES! CHALK MARKS! YES! BOULDERS. BIG FAT YUMMY LOOKING BOULDERS THAT MAKE ME SALIVATE AND GOT INTO ROCKGASM MODE. There are climbers here. Omg. Can I have a private moment please. Me and sir rock here have some intimate business, so um, turn around.

After ogling at this town from above, we said goodbye to Jesus and made our way down from El Monte Urgull. Laid on the beach and fell asleep within 2 seconds flat. Got a tan on my right cheek only. You don´t get this fakin´and bakin´ baby! The sand was soft, the water blue and clear, the sky blue. What else could a girl ask for? Oh, I know, how about the wind to stop blowing, huh? It was 19 Celsius but the wind chill factor (why yes I do know my meteor terminology) made it feel like 19 degrees Fahrenheit.

After five in the afternoon, the whole town came alive. People were everywhere, playing some sort of tennis looking game on the beach. Zee hawt surfer boys strut their stuff. Groups of teenagers sat around on the beach. Families took stroll on the board walk. It felt so nice. So warm. So friendly. I luv eet.

I could live here. I told Quan.

Wait, maybe not. They don´t seem to have Thai food. So eh... maybe not. But it ain´t half way a bad place to be chillin like a villain. After all, a gorgeous beach front and more bars per capita then anywhere else in Europe, who could resist?


San Sebastian.

Pictures stolen from teh intarweb until our pictures are uploaded. In fact, most of them will look like this album.

Finally, our own pictures

1 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh ya.. i drove across 520 the other day..it was gooooooorgeous..umm.yeah.

anyways. looks like you're having a great time. the pics are awesome!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home